Money & Bills

Welcome to the Financial Information Hub, your comprehensive resource for understanding tuition and fees, managing your budget, navigating campus employment, and handling tax-related matters as a student at Principia College. This section is designed to provide you with essential information and tools to effectively manage your financial aspects during your academic journey. From viewing and paying your PRINBILL to understanding taxes and utilizing campus employment opportunities, this guide is here to support you in making informed financial decisions. Read on to find answers to your financial questions and gain confidence in managing your financial responsibilities as a student at Principia College.

View articles that will help you understand health insurance.

Tuition and Fees:

How do I view my Prinbill?

You can access your PRINBILL by signing in to your PRINWEB account and clicking on Bannerweb. This will give you an overview of your fees and charges for the academic year.

How do I pay my Prinbill?

You can pay your PRINBILL through various payment options, including credit card, electronic transfer, or check. Choose the method that’s most convenient for you.

What charges are part of Prinbill?

The charges included in your PRINBILL cover student fees which are; Athletics, Communication, Student activity, Technology, Insurance, International Tax, Miscellaneous charges, as well as your tuition, room, and board fees.

What payment options are available?

You can pay your PRINBILL using credit cards, electronic transfers, or checks. Select the option that suits you best.

Can I add someone else to my Prinbill?

Yes you can add another authorized user to your account.

Are there any payment deadlines?

Yes, there are payment deadlines for your PRINBILL. It’s important to ensure that you pay your fees by the specified deadlines.

Are there installment plans for Prinbill?

Yes, you have the option to pay your PRINBILL in monthly installments over a span of four months. This can make managing your payments more convenient.

Remember that your PRINBILL is comprised of various fees and charges, and timely payment is crucial. Make sure to review your PRINBILL regularly and plan your payments accordingly to avoid missing any deadlines.

Budgeting and Expense Management:

What tools or resources are available to help me create a budget?

ISPaSO has created a budgeting tool that is helpful in managing your finances.

Campus Employment and Payroll:

How can I find on-campus job opportunities, and how do I apply for them?

Read here for more information

How often do I get paid?

You get paid after every two weeks.

How is my pay calculated?

Your pay is calculated by multiplying the number of hours worked with the minimum wage and then deducting the taxation rate from that amount.

How to set up direct deposit?

Read here for more information

Taxes and Tax Benefits:

How do income taxes work in the U.S.?

In the U.S., you earn money, and a portion of it is taken as income taxes by the government. Income can come from sources like employment wages and financial aid. Taxes are paid to both the federal and state governments, and you’ll fill out forms to authorize tax withholding.

How do I pay taxes on my income as a student at Principia College?

When you work on campus, Principia College will withhold a portion of your income for taxes. You’ll fill out tax forms during your first week at the college to facilitate this process.

What is the difference between resident and non-resident alien for tax purposes?

For tax purposes, students on an F-1 visa can be categorized as non-resident aliens or resident aliens. The taxation and filing processes vary for each category. Generally, students become resident aliens after 5 years in the U.S.

How do I file taxes as a non-resident alien student?

Gather important documents like W-2 and 1042-S forms. Use tools like Glacier Tax Prep to help with your federal tax filing. You’ll also file Illinois taxes separately if needed.

What documents do I need for tax filing?

Common documents include W-2 forms from your employer and 1042-S forms for financial aid. Also, consider having your I-94 travel history and bank information for direct deposit ready.

How do I prepare my tax forms using Glacier?

Use Glacier Tax Prep software available for non-resident alien students. Update your information, follow the prompts, and print the generated forms. Verify accuracy and sign where needed.

Where do I find Illinois tax forms and how do I file them?

Find and prepare Illinois tax forms, such as the Illinois 1040, online. If you were an Illinois resident and worked in another state, declare out-of-state earnings in your Illinois tax filing.

How do I send my tax forms?

 Mail your tax forms to the appropriate addresses. If you owe taxes, include a check or money order with your forms. Addresses for federal and Illinois filings are provided for both refund and payment scenarios.

Remember that the tax process may seem complex, but the college provides resources to guide you through it. Feel free to ask questions and seek assistance as needed to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.