Please remember that working outside the U.S does not require OPT authorization

Employment After Graduation

When you graduate from Principia College on an F-1 visa, you can work in the U.S. through Optional Practical Training (OPT).

OPT is employment that is directly related to your major field, typically done after graduation (post-completion). You apply for OPT for a fee from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). OPT is limited to a total of 12 months for each degree level (Bachelor’s, Masters, etc.). If you use any pre-completion OPT time, it is deducted from the 12-month provision. If you have completed a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field and meet other requirements, you may be eligible for an additional 24 months of OPT.

Please remember that working outside the U.S. does not require OPT authorization. As you are thinking about employment after graduation, you may be interested in learning more about internships and off-campus employment.

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Here is a video with general information about OPT. Please note that the information on was current as of October 2022.